Wednesday, February 5, 2014

New additions and thoughts.

I find it hard to believe that we’re already in 2014. Not only that, but already February 2014. It seems time has flown by since the last time I posted, and now it has slowed down to a steady but frustratingly minimum creep. During the time since I last posted and now I’ve had to learn so much. How to trust more in God, how to be more patient, how to not sweat the small stuff. And, unfortunately, patience and waiting right now are at war. Because in nine weeks or less, we’ll have our third little boy in our arms.

We were not trying for a baby when we conceived Andrew. We were actually trying to avoid having another child for at least 2-3 years. We had twins that were only six months old, I was trying to get in my last semester of school so I could graduate, we were planning ways to save and buy a bigger house, and we knew that a new baby any time soon would not be something we could handle easily. Our finances and space weren’t big enough for us to be comfortable adding to our family. But, as they say, we made our plans and God got a good chuckle out of it.

Now, after many months of worry and slow acceptance that God is in control and even if we didn’t plan this baby, He did, I’m working my way through February. By the end of next month I may very well be holding my son. The idea of that makes me so excited. I can’t wait to kiss the little hands and feet that have been bruising me with their kicks and punches. I can’t wait to see if he has his daddy’s blue eyes like his brothers, or if he’ll be the fire cracker I keep telling my husband I think he is. I can’t wait to introduce our twins to their little brother and see their reaction to him. But most of all I can’t wait to simply hold him and look at him and be amazed at the miracle God created while we weren’t looking, and think of how blessed we are that He did.

No comments:

Post a Comment